Wednesday, March 22, 2006

god be praised!

At long last, the return of Shake Shack. At first, I thought, well, maybe I'll wait for nicer weather but then the call of a double-crack burger was just too much.

And hoo-boy am I glad I went. No line! (it was between 4 and 5 in the afternoon) And on top of that, everyone got a free $2 gift card "because we love you." I'm serious, that's what the cashier said. The sign to the left of the order window says "we missed you too!" in ginormous letters.

Oh, and a stray french fry found its way into my little wax paper burger-sack. Conclusion: shake shack is awesome.

3 comments:

  1. i suggest we try to brave shake shack at some point during my april break. maybe the line won't be too ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO FUCKING THERE. I had forgotten SS was open. I am assuming that the 'double crack burger' you mention is the double shack burger...which if it is, is umm...cool. That's my standard order from them as well, except I also get it with CHEESE. That and a chicago dog and some type of fizzy beverage is a delicious 15 dollar meal.

    -John

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do indeed mean the double shack burger. it already has cheese on it. which is awesome. i have never gotten the hotdog. i keep meaning to but by the time i have waited on line i've become so obsessed over the thought of the hamburger that i always get that instead.

    of course, the week of leslie's break is my week of eating no bread. but i can have fries and custard. or hey, maybe i can get a cheeseburger without a bun, which is perhaps the signature dish of pseudo-judaism.

    ReplyDelete