Thursday, April 19, 2007

trapped in the closet

I had to take some stuff out of the bottom of my closet because someone was coming today to run some cables through there. Among the stuff I found was remnants of this one time when I dressed up as Ford Prefect for a dress up day at camp.

Ford Prefect is of course a horrible costume choice, because it isn't really so much a costume as a bag (sorry, a "satchel") of specific things to carry around. I probably initially thought I would be Zaphod Beeblebrox, but then realized that getting a second head and a third arm was a bit beyond my reach for what I could do. In any case, here are some picture of my props.

First, there's the Hitchhiker's Guide itself, for which I used an old Wizard tip-calculator. I made a black case for it with large, friendly letters which read "Don't Panic."

Apparently I did not make an electronic thumb, but I did make a sub-etha sens-o-matic out of a foam-rubber brick wrapped in electrical tape, and labeled with a Dymo!

I was real thorough though, check out the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment